Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day Weekend

July 4, 2008
On July 4th we went to a friend's parents' house and swam in their pool. The children were so excited because it's not very often they get to swim in a big pool like that. We stayed in forever and only had about 4 drowning episodes between all the kids there. To me, that's good! After swimming we ate ribs, grilled hotdogs, baked beans, and coleslaw. Oh, it was so yummy! Then, once it was dark enough, we shot off some fireworks! Kenley kept saying, "It's so beautiful!" and "It's magical!" She makes me laugh so hard. Ethan was pretty muched scared to death of them since, earlier in the evening, when we lite a sparkler and it was way too close to him. He freaked out! Kadyn was scared at first, but then started clapping and saying, "Yay!" It was so sweet. Emersyn slept through it all...as usual! Overall, we had a great 4th. I do wish, though, that we had been able to spend some of it with our family. I miss those guys sometimes!
July 5, 2008
We spent Saturday, July 5th at Ryan and Renae's house. They rented a slide and we cooked hotdogs on the grill. Everyone had tons of fun.

The kids loved sliding down with their daddy.
Kadyn was only a little scared!


Kenley didn't want to get off the slide.


Ethan didn't know what to think because the slide was so big.


They had fun in the baby pool too.


Ethan, taking a break.


The whole crew eating their hotdogs.



Emersyn slept a lot!



Kadyn is always cheesing when she sees the camera.
She was eating a pickle!


Her two favorite things....
Cheesing for a picture and wearing someone else's shoes!




The kids enjoyed it so much. They love being outside and playing with their friends. When it was time to leave they were very mad at me and Chris.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving the new blog!! I am so glad yall had a great time.. I just love all of your kids soo much!

Justin, Chandra, Madelyn, Catharine and Elizabeth Martin said...

I am SO glad you have a blog. Welcome to the blogger world :) Your 4th looked like loads of fun! I can't believe how grown Kenley looks. Amazing how times flies. See you soon...

Stoots Family said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm glad that you gave me your site since we'll soon be leaving Nazarene!